The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all wild mushrooms should be boiled before eating... Most people boil the mushrooms in water..I like to use chicken builion for all the chicken type mushrooms.. Chicken and Hen of the woods. I would think that people could boil many of their mushrooms in other type bouillon too.. Vegtable bouillon and beef bouillon..Bouillon just gives wild shrooms that little bit of kick it needs to taste a bit better.. I like to use the bouillon in cans not the cubes you add to water when I boil them.. Swanson makes and excellent bouillon to boil wild shrooms...

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
they make an excellent mushroom soup as well. i used to pick what my dad called papinkies or stumpies and would make a soup from them with chicken stock. its been so long since i picked stumpies though that i'm not 100% sure of them anymore. the only ones i eat now are morels and oysters. i see clumps of stumpies every fall but don't want to take the risk. wish my dad was still alive to help me ID them.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
I not only don't boil them, I rarely, more closely to never even wash them....never ever soak a Mushroom.
Speakin' of Hens, I had dry aged venison and dried Hens for supper this evening....quickly becoming my favorite meal of all time...even better than Morel Alfredo.--->:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts