The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would have loved to hear some answers on the question.Anybody ever ask a GW about this??I don't know what that guy did to anger people but anyone have answers to the OP question.I'd like to know for myself.Can I set a bodygrip on a log crossing or to the high water mark ect..Or does it have to be in water??Should I just ask the warden covering the area I trap;which is a few different ones??
Thanks,hopefully it stays civil and we can get answers maybe some of you were given from your local wardens

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
there is no clear cut answer. You are better off to ask the C.O. in the area that you will be trapping. Since it seems this law is kind of gray. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I was the OP from that one. It seems it is a gray area so folks get ruffled up over it. You gotta look at both sides of the issue, but that still does not excuse the fact that the law as written is unclear of what we should/could be doing.

The best advice is as longear said. Ask your local WCO for his take on the law as it will be him who would be citing you. I guess this is one of those laws that is up to the discretion of the officer that enforces them.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
broknaero said:
I was the OP from that one. It seems it is a gray area so folks get ruffled up over it. You gotta look at both sides of the issue, but that still does not excuse the fact that the law as written is unclear of what we should/could be doing.

The best advice is as longear said. Ask your local WCO for his take on the law as it will be him who would be citing you. I guess this is one of those laws that is up to the discretion of the officer that enforces them.
which ,by most standards is rediculous . laws should not be open for interpretation .

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
dietsch said:
broknaero said:

which ,by most standards is rediculous . laws should not be open for interpretation .
I agree, but it's up to us to get it changed. I could care less one way or the other as long as it was written in a way all can understand.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
what specifically would you like to know, me and my brother know everything about trapping.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
thought for sure i would get a bite on that...... guess you guys heard that one.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I was dying to correct you.... my brother and I..... Actually, just "me" lol

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
my uncle used to get the kids on that one.... he would say "my brother and me/i know everything! and when the kids came up this something he couldnt answer he would say "oh my brother knows that."

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
bobcat said:
what specifically would you like to know, me and my brother know everything about trapping.
Just wondering how folks use the different colors and dyes-vs-dips. I understand the dip is easier as you can skip the wax, but takes longer to cure. What other positives of using dips over dye and wax?

Then for color... I've seen clear, white,tand,brown,and black dips. Guess its part of the whole camo idea. Not a big deal for land traps, but I'm thinking this may help with water sets especially body grips. Or am I just overthinking this?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
bobcat said:
thought for sure i would get a bite on that...... guess you guys heard that one.
I wanted to bite, but I refuse to point out grammer and spelling on online forums. Something grandpa always said about "people in glass houses..."

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
broknaero said:
bobcat said:
Just wondering how folks use the different colors and dyes-vs-dips. I understand the dip is easier as you can skip the wax, but takes longer to cure. What other positives of using dips over dye and wax?

Then for color... I've seen clear, white,tand,brown,and black dips. Guess its part of the whole camo idea. Not a big deal for land traps, but I'm thinking this may help with water sets especially body grips. Or am I just overthinking this?

Thanks
my brother knows that.... lol

there is no right answer its more a preference thing. some of mine i dye some are just a nice brown rust. you dont want to wax body grips esp. around the trigger area. sometimes i dip them in wax on the sides to speed them up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts