The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 1997 chevy s10 I can not tell if I have a lift or not when I bought it it had 31 in tire on it but I don't know if they fit stock or it had to be lifted to fit them , but I can't find a lift so does anyone know anything on how to tell if a truck have a body lift or leveling kit .

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
A body lift will usually make the bumpers look out of place because the body has been lifted and the bumpers are connected to the frame.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Look in the rear wheel well for a gap between frame and bed.
You can crawl under the truck and look for blocks between cab mounts and cab. If you think the truck is higher than stock may have just turned up torsion bars.

·
Registered
968 Posts
In the newer S10 body style (93 and up) they made a ZR2 package. It had a factory lift and came with 31 inch tires and fender flares

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I had an older blazer with a body lift and it was pretty easy to tell. Stand back about 30 feet and if you can see the frame rails it's a body lift. One of the ugliest things you could do to a truck in my opinion. It's like having a nice set of pants with a split up the back and your ***** hanging out. A lot of body lifts come with bumper spaces too so the gap isn't always the easiest way to tell.

This isn't mine but you can see what I mean.

Then just look underneath for these spacers where the body mounts to the frame. If you have those then bingo...instant ugly truck.

Not trying to put you down dude. I had one with a body lift and looking back am ashamed of myself too lol
The first step is admitting there's a problem. Hopefully your's is a suspension lift

1 - 6 of 6 Posts