The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here know of a guide or an individual hunting cats in Pa. Can you send contact information

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I'd love to do a hunt as well, but doubt it'll ever happen. I know no houndsmen and everyone I've ever tried, even offering to pay, won't take me.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
If the season wasn't so screwed up now I think there would be lots of guides available. I looked into getting a dog myself back when bobcat season was the entire fall fur season. I thought if I couldn't get a tag every year I would get a hound and try to take a few guys out and get them a cat. Then they changed the season to what it is now...this leaves you only a few weekends to hunt. If a guy has dogs that hunt cats he probably has enough interest from family and friends that he isn't going to take others out.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I would be interested in this as well. But it looks like you'd be better off saving your money, getting into decent shape, and booking a hunt out west for lions.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Save your pennies and go to either Kansas or Texas for cats and yotes...it's a blast and lots of sights and action

·
Banned
266 Posts
There is some guy in Bradford county that runs his dogs across everyone farm year after year with no respect for anyone property. Fair warning to him that those days have officially ended. I'll be waiting for you next year.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Smtn10pt said:
If the season wasn't so screwed up now I think there would be lots of guides available. I looked into getting a dog myself back when bobcat season was the entire fall fur season. I thought if I couldn't get a tag every year I would get a hound and try to take a few guys out and get them a cat. Then they changed the season to what it is now...this leaves you only a few weekends to hunt. If a guy has dogs that hunt cats he probably has enough interest from family and friends that he isn't going to take others out.
you nailed it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts