The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At camp over the weekend and got trail cam pic of a bobcat and coyote facing each other less than six feet apart. Was wondering who wins the fight

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
bobcat wins . i have trapped and released every furbearer in our woods . the coyote only has teeth ,cats have teeth plus two front feet with 10 razorblades attatched

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
We had a big ol house cat who use to tear up the neighboring dogs. He sharpin' up his claws on the front yard trees. Once sent a much big dog fleeing with a left hook to the snout. He sure could do annoying dogs.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Yeah, pic would be cool but the yote wouldn't stand a chance. Those claws would have him shredded before he got a tooth on that cat.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My son has the pic.will see if he can post. It was pretty dark and grainy but you could definitely tell what they were.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I seen a yote back down from a cat in squirrel season they were about 150 yards away i couldnt get a clear shot on the coyote but the cat didnt take off as fast as the coyote, so I would say the cat 1 on 1.

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
It could be that since yotes are typicall in a group that cats, being loneres, are simply outnumbered and can't make a good fight against uneven odds. One-on-one though; I'd bet on the cat.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Here is a video where a cat seems to have control over at least two yotes but I'm guessing there is at least one other behind him.

You may want to skip over the first minute of the video.

bobcat vs yotes

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
That is really awesome! One of the videos, you can see 3 pairs of eyes. who says coyotes don't run in packs like wolves. I hear several of them behind my house howling very often.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Here's another video I found on youtube...I think the cat will hold its own for sure, but coyotes like other dogs can be persistent and eventually get what they want haha. Also interesting in this video is through the series there is a deer within yards of the cat and they just ignore each other.

http://youtu.be/KUZxIFzEXwk

·
Banned
1,465 Posts
I believe both animals respect each other and more than likely won't tango with one another. I know that when running hounds , when a coyote is done running he will stop and fight, a cat will tree and avoid conflict. Sproul. By the way the last I checked a bobcat has four claws on each paw which would give him eight rasor blades to go with his teeth for fighting. Someone on here must be mixing a cat track with a fisher track.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts