The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a trapper but a friend sent this video to me and thought it was interesting.
Kapaa

BOBCAT LIVE TRAP RESCUE - Video
These are not two "Wildlife workers". They are two licensed Schuylkill County trappers. This incident occurred near the village of Cumbola, Pa. I am familiar with the spot. The bobcat was in season, however, neither had a bobcat tag, and since trappers live by a strict code of ethics, they had no choice but to release the cat, which for most Pa. trappers would be the prize of a lifetime.
Not your average house cat.......
Turn up the sound to get the full picture. Two wildlife workers find a bobcat caught in a trap and are trying to free it.
Putting it mildly....."Kitty" is annoyed at being in the trap and that these two humans are too close for comfort.

http://www.maniacworld.com/very-brave-rescue.html

·
Premium Member
24,188 Posts
Awesome!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
$8----for the trap
$20---for gas to go trapping
not having a catch pole when you need one -----PRICELESS!!!!!!

LMAO !!!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I agree with the guys on the plastic totes, one inside they calm down immediately.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Aaaaa heck, I feel like a liar after watching 17's video..... I should have meant they calm down in a plastic tote/drum of solid color, not see through :)

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
That's pretty tuff.
I thought I was a little nuts to crawl in a den to get a picture of one? Not sure I'd attempt that release on my own.....oh who am I kiddin', I'd give it a go.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Had to use the 4 wheeler ramp to release a small bear in a #3. Was pretty exciting few minutes! The video would have been priceless. My ex marine buddy was gonna try to release it with a catch pole until I reminded him of the large thicket just beside the set that momma may be waiting in for a distress call from jr.. He hands me this pearl handled 22 pistol and says cover me. Says aim for the eye if momma charges from brush. By now I'm laughing out loud and sayin, maybe you want to rethink this one a bit. We were going to try to use a large tote but opted for the ramp instead. Glad we did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts