The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Excited because I got permission to trap a farm known to have a bobcat, or 2. Im trying to find some set locations ahead of time( Yes I know the season is not in for awhile) lol. But what are the best kind of spots to set for them? the terrain is large flat fields, bordered by a woody ridge, With a couple acre large ponds that have beaver in them. I know for fox and yote intersections work well but ive never gone for bobcat before so any advice is appreciated.
Thanks guys !

·
Registered
295 Posts
sounds like the same areas i trap for them. i find the thickest patch of brush in the timber and set near that. worked the last 2 yrs for me.to add i prebait cubbys for them got 3 maid already and iv bin putting deer scraps from the local butcher. set a trail camera up on one and see what comes in.

p.s. get rid of the bottom feeders b4 season starts and go big and flashy with ur cubbys so they can walk right in them. i dont set in the cubby i make a walk through set right in front with heavy blocking cats dont mind stepping over sticks and rocks like fox and yote do. good luck hope u get a big one

1 - 3 of 3 Posts