The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am looking for some different bobcat mount ideas. Going to be trapping this year and have seen a few cats around the area. Don't want to plan too far ahead but never hurts to have ideas haha. Could you guys post some pictures of some of the bobcat mounts you have to see some of the different ideas. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
References , references, references! Most taxis out there will totally destroy a cat to the point that it must be shot again and thrown in a deep hole..!

Ask to see pictures of cats they have done recently.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
due to blowing a gaping hole in this one with the .223, I chose the sitting pose to hide all the carnage.

This big boy deserved to be mounted with something that would show his size, a naturally deceased fawn from a local deer farm made the perfect addition!

·
Registered
19,369 Posts
hunter4095 said:
References , references, references! Most taxis out there will totally destroy a cat to the point that it must be shot again and thrown in a deep hole..!

Busted out when read that one, hunter.
So true. Many can say they do canines and cats but few do them well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So true. I have seen some terribly done ones and I am definitely going to stear clear of those taxis. Have a few who I have seen good work from though.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
dpms said:
hunter4095 said:
How right you are,I had one done from a Texas hunt about 7 yrs ago and the fur is comming off the paws,Wife said thats not staying in the house,so now its in my shed.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
hunter4095 said:

I had one mounted from a Texas hunt about 7 yrs ago and the fur is comming off the paws.My wife made me put it in the shed.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Here are a few Mike did over the last couple years.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
dpms said:
hunter4095 said:

i just cant help but feel bad for guys that put out tons of money and time into a hunt and taxi bill and then get a mount back looking the way some do.

·
Registered
5,866 Posts
I agree with the above tone, cats are hard to mount......make sure you pick someone who has done a lot of them, that you can look at.......my uncle has possibly the worst bobcat mount in the entire world, but he thinks it looks good and he was happy because it was cheap......

There are only a few local guys that I would trust to mount a cat, and they truly are some of the best taxidermists in the world, let alone the state.........

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
heres one from bob schmouder at schmouders custom taxidermy studio on route 6 between wellsboro and mansfield in tioga co...this mount won first place blue ribbon in the masters division at the ny state taxidermy compotition ealier this year! bob has just recently made the jump to full time taxidermist now and quit his reg 9 to 5 job. he has turned many people away the last few years because he was getting overwhelmed trying to turn out quality work and stil hold a regular job. ive been telling him for years as well as many others that he should have made this move years ago but its gamble...but not when you do work like this...

...he was escpecially proud of the feet...

hopefully i can get another cat this year between trapping and hunting and you can bet ur rear end bob will be doing my work for me!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
No pics because it isn't done yet but a friend is getting his done leaping up after a flushing grouse. His 1st one was made into like a small rug for wall hanging.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I would have one the the first of Gizits but where the cat is ready to pounce from a rock onto a chipmunk thats just out of his hole and almost looking and sniffing the area that the cats in but not yet facing it.The cat would be behind the munk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts