The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built the case, created the scene, installed the glass and everything is finally completed (Except for the LED Rope light).. I'm pretty happy with it! Thanks for mounting the cat Trappin4reds2010. I dont even want to know what this would cost if I hadn't built the base and everything myself.

Kill PIC

Blow Drying Needed

·
Registered
679 Posts
Nice carpentry work mallards. I like how the whole mount turned out. See ya around.

P.S. You still owe me a duke 1.5 coilspring. Laminated. lol

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Nice mount......amateur woodwork though at best, the miter joints on the top are pretty sloppy IMO lol

·
Registered
679 Posts
Those miter joints were a bit sloppy.... lol
Here's a pic I had of it before the glass that shows the mounts a little better..

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lets leave the joints out of this...I never claimed to be Bob Villa....but with a biscuit cutter tool, a belt sander (Which got a little wild one time) and router table (Which also got a little crazy on me....and smells like its going to catch on fire when it runs) all from Harbor Freight, I can produce some nice stuff!!

·
Registered
24,000 Posts
HEY..i know that guide

nice mount, my sons on the list for next year
gonna connect then, I know it

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
mallardsx2 said:
Lets leave the joints out of this...I never claimed to be Bob Villa....but with a biscuit cutter tool, a belt sander (Which got a little wild one time) and router table (Which also got a little crazy on me....and smells like its going to catch on fire when it runs) all from Harbor Freight, I can produce some nice stuff!!
Well......Stop being so cheap, and buy some real tools!!!! LOL

·
Registered
927 Posts
Man I love that glass case! That mount is one of my favorites, it reminds me of the ones in the anchorage airport. Next you should do a bobcat rug on black felt with the eyes and claws.... is that normall tail legnth for a bob cat? Iv only seen one crossing a road before.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Thats awesome Gary - great job. Nice work on the mount too trapping4reds. You nailed it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I really like this cat, after seeing a few others recently, this ones face is the most believable. Did you consider an open mouth on this mount, since its close to the kill? I was trying to picture that and maybe that would have been too much with the way the eyes are. Like an evil bobcat. Good stuff guys.

·
Registered
679 Posts
"Man I love that glass case! That mount is one of my favorites, it reminds me of the ones in the anchorage airport. Next you should do a bobcat rug on black felt with the eyes and claws.... is that normall tail legnth for a bob cat? Iv only seen one crossing a road before."

That's the normal tail length. As for the rug. I think green felt on black looks great on cats.

Zrabfan30 said:
I really like this cat, after seeing a few others recently, this ones face is the most believable. Did you consider an open mouth on this mount, since its close to the kill? I was trying to picture that and maybe that would have been too much with the way the eyes are. Like an evil bobcat. Good stuff guys.
We considered an open mouth and ultimately decided that either open mouth or closed mouth would be appropriate here.. As for the other cat mounts you've seen recently, ya, we've all seen em with the clown face... Glad you like mine. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts