The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find anywhere in the PGC digest weather I can Sunday hunt for Bobcat. Would someone be able to clarify this and let me know what page it can be found on?

Thanks and good luck!

·
Registered
400 Posts
a simple yes or no would have worked also...........

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not ask for a yes or no answer. I wanted to know the page. He helped me out and from possibly killing a bobcat illegally.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Here is the simple answer. NO, you cannot hunt Bobcat on Sundays!!! LOL
But as a responsible hunter in PA you need to read you rules and regulations book for yourself.
Please dont take my word for it..

Jeremiah

·
Registered
400 Posts
ok after reading THE BOOK i have come to the conclusion that you CAN hunt sundays

your right about page 17 BUT look at page 73
BOBCATS MAY BE HUNTED ANY HOUR, DAY OR NIGHT EXCEPT DURING THE THE REGULAR DEER SEASON

so whats up with that?

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
goose2duck said:
ok after reading THE BOOK i have come to the conclusion that you CAN hunt sundays

your right about page 17 BUT look at page 73
BOBCATS MAY BE HUNTED ANY HOUR, DAY OR NIGHT EXCEPT DURING THE THE REGULAR DEER SEASON

so whats up with that?
probably old wording in there from when the season went from oct to feb. before they screwed the season up.
but you still cant hunt them on sunday and couldnt then either. only fox, coyote and crows.

·
Registered
400 Posts
This was from the new book of regs

Guess ill just take my.chances

·
Registered
351 Posts
goose2duck said:
This was from the new book of regs

Guess ill just take my.chances
I'm sure they put in red letters so even the most dense would take notice. I've read every word of the bobcat regulations, and even though you can hunt them 24 hours a day, no where does it include Sundays.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
he's from sullivan co. its ok they cant read very good there. i knows cuz i wented ta schowl der.

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
the answer is NO, not on sunday. feel free to call the PGC and get a clarification on the wording in the book.

its the WCO thats gonna get ya for hunting them on Sunday not forum members...

unless its one of the WCO's that frequent the forums

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
goose2duck said:
are sunday's not included in ANY DAY
it says ANY HOUR, day or night. meaning you can hunt them at any time of the day (or night) on the days that it is legal to hunt them. but since on page 17 it says (in red print as previously mentioned)
" Sunday hunting: it is unlawful to hunt wildlife, except foxes,crows and coyotes,on, Sundays" Sudays are not one of those days.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts