The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
triplethreat said:
it's been .08 for at least the last 5 years. I dont know why it would have ever been higher than that.
Wow, I really thought it was .10 last year. I remember reading that it specifically said it was slightly different than the legal limit for automobiles. I wish I had an old pfbc regs book. There used to be a section on their website saying how drinking on a boat had different laws than in a car.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Oh you can drink on a boat, you just better not be driving it anywhere.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Blood Trail 13 said:
Wow, I really thought it was .10 last year. I remember reading that it specifically said it was slightly different than the legal limit for automobiles. I wish I had an old pfbc regs book. There used to be a section on their website saying how drinking on a boat had different laws than in a car.
I believe the BAC was lowered to .08 in the motor vehicle code in 2004. The bill to lower the BAC for boating was signed in July 2007.

The laws ARE different for motor vehicles vs. boating laws. In a vehicle neither the driver nor passengers can have open containers. In a boat, passengers can have an open container as well as the operator can have an open container, even while underway. BUT, the operator better be under .08 BAC!

I could not find anywhere that these open container laws have been amended.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
No booze on state park lakes also at Blue Marsh here in the SE.(Not sure on other ACOE lakes). It also used to be illegal on PFBC property but I don't see that in the "book" however I would read all the signs at those properties as it may still be posted there.

·
Registered
263 Posts
icemole said:
No booze on state park lakes also at Blue Marsh here in the SE.(Not sure on other ACOE lakes). It also used to be illegal on PFBC property but I don't see that in the "book" however I would read all the signs at those properties as it may still be posted there.
You are correct, there are some State and Federally owned waterways which prohibit all alcohol.

Initially, I was going to mention that in my post, but I didn't want to be going off in different directions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts