The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my 14 foot boat and I have not registered it the past couple years due to having a different boat that I use now. My question is, do I need to have the registration from past years to sell it? I can not seem to find anything clear on this. Thanks for any imput

·
Registered
366 Posts
No, you need the title for the boat. The new owner will register it themselves. also the trailer title if it has a trailer

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Depending on the boat's age, you may or may not have a "title" Older boats did NOT have one. Only a registration card that looked like a vehicle owner's card. As suggested, call the PF&BC or a real good boat notary and they will tell you exactly what you'll need

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, It is old enough that I do not need a title for the boat. I guess I will just take the new registration card in when it comes in the mail. I feel bad for the guy who bought my boat though, because he has to wait on this.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Huntergreen, call 1-866-262-8734. They can tell you everything you'll need. I did one a couple years back. You don't need the title (but it certainly makes things easier). You don't have one, so no big deal. The new owner can do this all on his own, but it'll take a little time. He'll need to complete an App for PA Boat Reg and/or Boat Title. If the form has not changed, you need to fill in section "G", and a signature in section "K". He'll need the current (it does not have to be up to date) boat registration number for section "K". He'll need to send the application, Bill of sale, and a check to the PFBC. That is it.

Obviously, the trailer (if there is one) runs thru our friends at PennDot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts