The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I confused on the launch permit reading DCNR web site. IDK I use to understand quickly reading instructions & direction's. 55 Years old I seem to slow down?

Anyways I have a 16' jon boat with 25HP jet drive. Only used it last few years fishing Juniata River. Last year with all the rain didn't get out to much, river high & muddy. It's a repeat this year and Were talking going to Colyer Lake, Pa. My brother said I need a launch permit? I asked why is that? I have the reg. # on both side's of the boat & the blue 2021 sticker has the reg. # on it as well.

Colyer lake (Centre County) is a regulated by fish comm. I would call them, but what I would be concern is, is it the truth or get an answer I don't know, have to contact this person etc. I been down that road before.

My brother did mention he pay the $14.90 for the launch permit if needed & what he understands reading the info. on DCNR I don't need it? He not 100% certain.

Anyone on here been to Colyer lake or any fish and boat regulated area's in the state know the answer to this. We know we cannot use the gas powered motor, only allow electric trolling motors on Colyer lake. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
24,859 Posts
BOATING

Boating is limited to boats powered by electric motors and un-powered boats. Two launch ramps are available along with associated parking facilities.
Un-powered boats may be moored at the lake in accordance with Commission property regulations. To be used at the lake, boats must be registered or have a valid launch permit (permits are issued by the Commission or PA Dept. of Conservation and Natural Resources).

https://www.fishandboat.com/Resource/Lakes/Pages/ColyerLake.aspx

·
Registered
215 Posts
You may want to rethink Colyer - it was drained a few years ago and most of the fish are still growing same with Oppussom Lake. Conoe Lake may be a better bet for larger fish. just sayin.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts