The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Looking for a reliable source of someone that works on boat electronics in the Pittsburgh area (preferably south of Pittsburgh). I was going to use Three Rivers Marine Electronics in Elizabeth, PA but it appears they closed up shop?
Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just some depth finder work. Replacing one, possibly moving another one and cleaning the wiring up. Nothing too complicated.

·
Super Moderator
4,542 Posts
Could always try that yourself and save some money, hardest part is running the wires back to the battery with an inline fuse! Lots of videos on YouTube and resources on the net.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i hear ya on that Realtre. I have done some research and found some good stuff on YouTube. I have had some issues with interference ever since I got the boat. I have tinkered with it but still having issues. My thoughts on it now is to have someone that knows what they are doing look at it and hopefully fix it once and for all. I'm tired of messing with it and just want to fish. Wanted to investigate some options anyways.

Thanks for the lead Slavage, I will give them a call.

·
Super Moderator
4,542 Posts
What brand units do you have, and where is the interference? Usually if it's the bow finder and it occurs when using the trolling motor, it could be how the cables are ran down the shaft....could just install a ferrite ring, or could happen when both finders are on at the same time using the same khz.

Are these wired straight to the battery?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts