The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of getting a boat for next season. My question is what blinds are you guys running on your boats? Pros and cons of certain ones? Not against blinding my own just wondering if I could buy a decent one. Also pics of yours would be nice. Thanks

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I built one.. Some days I'm glad I did.. Other days I'm not.. I'm always changing things on it which is nice because I can make it how I want

·
Registered
444 Posts
I got a beavertail and wouldn't have it any other way unless you buy a wareagle. their blinds are made to go on their boats easy and you skirt em real quick with camo netting.

but the beavertail sets up quick and removes easily without hardware or boat drilling. good luck with whatever you pick

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about Go Devil boat blinds? Anyone have any experience with them? Im not a big fan of the design of the beavertails.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
If you have the equipment and know-how, building your own will save a ton of money, and you can make it exactly how you want.. I've heard some of the mass-produced blinds are great on some boats, but leave a lot to be desired on others.. My blind originally had the frame so it would cover every inch of my boat, but I swapped out trolling motors, and it wouldn't fit with the new motor up front, so I shortened it some, and it's been a work in progress ever since.. I think originally I had 200 tops in it.. I was fortunate and had a guy I know help me build it at his machine shop, otherwise I would have been buying one.. I've been constantly improving/changing it and I may be up closer to 3 or 350 into it over the 2 seasons I've hunted out of it.. Still not done in my mind, and it may never be, but it gets the job done

·
Registered
556 Posts
I liked it but I didn't love it. The main thing I didnt like was the weight. It was very heavy and bulky. It was ok to trailer althought you'd def lose some camo material during the haul.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Love my Avery Quickset! It's called a Quickset for a reason. Sets up in about 1 minute. Only thing I don't like is it's appearance on top of my boat. Looks like a camo box on top of my boat. I do hang some grass from the top rail of the blind to help break up the boxy look. I hunted with tripleguide from his boat with a beavertail blind. That was a really nice blind too.

Pics of my Avery Quickset.

Frame on the boat

Material on and blind up

My son taking a peak

Windstop material, upright knuckle joint and my buddy kicked back

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Pigger! I was hoping to see some pics of the Avery blind. I've been talking to tripleguide and he invited me down to check out his set up. Maybe that will change my thoughts on a beavertail. Again thanks to all who have posted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts