The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has been wanting to shoot a boar so I took him to High Ridge Preserve in Somerset PA. He had lots of fun, enjoyed the hunt and can't wait for it to come back from the butcher.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Nice hog!
We used to go down there each year around Feb. with a group of guys and spend a day. What a hoot!!! Always had a great time!

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
That is cool.I shot a boar about 6 years ago and it was amzing tablefare.When I took some of the meat to be ground into sausage the butcher argued with me that the meat was not pork as it was a rich red color almost beefy.I showed him pics from the previous day and assured him that it was indeed pork.The boar I shot was a russian and it weighed 309 lbs dressed.My youngest daughter was with me.She tells everyone about the hunt.Steff was the first to shout out how cool it was that the pig weighed 309 lbs and it was killed with a 309 JDJ contender pistol. GREAT MEMORIES.cONGRATS TO YOUR SON,and good for you dad!well played.
JIM

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
btw,if you want the head mounted my taxi guy did a great job and is VERY REASONABLE (although slow)lol...WHATEVER you do keep the skull and teeth.I made my daughter and I necklaces with the teeth.Nice mementoes.
JIM

1 - 19 of 19 Posts