The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a fair priced boar hunt near southwest PA for my dad for father's day, any suggeestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
837 Posts
I took my soon to Whispering Hallows turkey hunting. It was very nice and they had a bunch of hogs. Look into em. It was nice and I will take the boys back again. It was high fence but the enclosure was like 400+ acres.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
High ridge hunting preserve in Hooversville or The wilderness wild boar preserve near bedford! Both are close in price and good quality animals! My dad swears by high ridge and the guides and lodging are excellent!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Highridge was nice I went there years ago. But Whispering Hollow is alot bigger and has a bunch more animals to hunt. I think they said ther where 100 hogs in there when we where there. At highridge there was like 30 and they were divided into 3 different hunting areas.

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
Call Stony Fork Hunts in Stony Fork, Pa. 570-439-1046. Ask for Scott or Don, they will show you around the preserve at no charge to you, that way you can see what they have to offer and find out if that place is what you want, you can't beat that for advertisement, how many places do you think would do that. Hogs are one price no mater what size or kind you take. An average hog runs about 175 to around 225 with some running 300+.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
My son and I hunted "The Wilderness" in Everett. Plenty of action, lots of hogs and they breed there all year so it's not a put and take operation like some. Beautiful lodge, great guides and Andy and his family will treat you like a king!! We're looking forward to going back!! Tennessee was great too, but I'd rather drive 4 hours than 12!!

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I agree with stackbarrel, the wilderness lodge is very nice
and the staff are really friendly people. The price isn't
bad and they have some nice hogs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts