The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone hears or knows of anyone having any bluetick hound pups, please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
what area i know of some in new york,

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Central Pa, I northumberland County. I will travel if price is right and they are what I am looking for of course.

I targeted a litter last year (thanks to Buckshot1822 on here) but it wasn't a good time.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Ill have to check with him and see if he will be having any litters in the near future....

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Buck... I really wanted one of those dogs, but couldn't swing it with raising him at the time.

Just so you guys know... while I am after a nice breed of dog, such a a pure breed... or a popular bloodline, I don't "need" to have this.

This dog will be used for the occasional coon hunt at night, but mainly will just be my buddy and I will take him for daily mountain walks. I am not going to be a very serious coonhunter with him, but I am extrememly attracted to this breed of dog and always was.

Just looking for a little buddy

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
some one just left a note in our store for a free treeing walker pup, female 5 months old...

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

Andy, I'll consider that. I am really after a bluetick however. Thank you for the offer and taking the time to inform me of that.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you Molly. I'll give the number a ring tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have contacts all over the country. Been a Blue Dog Man for a long time.. Let me know your wants and I will know someone...

·
Super Moderator
12,806 Posts
told ya this wouldnt be hard! im sure you got some good leads...

especially since you dont care much about papers/breeding/bloodlines etc...

id still recommend a pup since you mainly want a good buddy...raising them from a pup can turn them into your shadow....

good luck with the search! cant wait to see pics of your new buddy when you find one!

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, I am definately aiming towards a pup... I'm not too concerned about a boy or a girl either, nor paperwork. Just want a handsome looking bluetick for a buddy.

Buckshot targeted another litter that looks good so hopefully I can make this happen. It's been a long time coming for me and a bluetick.

·
Registered
367 Posts
nuge, i have a 6 year old bluetick and hes my little buddy. i didnt want him for hunting, just a good dog. everybody told me id never house break him but i did in only 2 weeks. he was totaly housebroke by 11 weeks. most loyal and loving breed there is in my opinion.. good luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wayne do you know any bloodlines or breeders that throw dark hounds i'm considering a female but would like her to be dark and tan, i've seen a couple of the vaughn dogs like that but then i've seen them with very light ticking

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
blackmagic...........I would say that the majority of the Utchman, Hammer, and Smokey River dogs are relatively dark...........as well as some of the Jet dogs......

This guy here is pretty much Hammer bred on top, and Utchman/Smoky River on the bottom.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts