The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the pleasure of coonhunting for the last 36+ years with some real nice Blue Dogs. My son and I currently have 1 Blue that has shaped up into a nice one. Tell us all about yours and what bloodlines they have. Ours is Will's Creek bred out of Ohio. Will's Creek Wizz x Will's Creek Stingin Sadie. Sadie was # 1 on the UKC top reproducers list for several years. Lots of pleasure running the hounds and harrassing Ole Mr. Ringtail !!!

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Righ no I have 2 young dogs........a 1 year old, and a 2 year old.......the two year old is really starting o turn it on.....

Both dogs are pretty heavy Northern Blue bred on top with some smokey river and the bottom side is almost all Utchman, and Smokey River..........

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have two my older one i use on cats and yotes hes 5 and just local breeding on him in a 3 gen. The other dog is 1 1/2yr old just got him still waiting to see the papers.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OLD BLUE, nice to see you on here old friend !!! Did you order this snow ???

·
Registered
164 Posts
I own 2 female blueticks. One is about 1.5 years old and is still in training. Put her in the woods quite a bit and then she came into heat in the late part of October (go figure). She seems to be progressing but is much slower starting than my older female. Her sire is directly out of Spring Hill Blue Raisin Cane and Spring Hill Blue Jenny and her dam is out of Frosty Blue BOBO and Frosty Blue Ann. (Bullet / Rambo II cross i guess). My older dog is around 6 and her pedigree is all over the place. She has Minisink Valley blood, McGinnis Blue Homer II, Wildflower Acres, just to name a few. (Smokey River, Uchtmans, Hammer further back) She's a decent dog overall, her major faults are she's a little bit tight mouthed on an older track, a little high strung, and jacks the tree. Hopefully we get some warm weather before the season ends so I can get a coon out for my young dog.

·
Registered
367 Posts
my bluetick {pbr rocks hellraising hank} is 6 years old out of scenery hill, from pbr rocks hillbilly bubba and pbr rocks hard blue candy. hes a great dog with one heck of a nose, but can be pretty lazy from time to time.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Kinda like my old Bluetick hound, like to lay around in the shade." I think Charlie Daniels had one like Hank !! lol... What other dogs are in Hank's pedigree ??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts