The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be looking to get a pup up to a year old come the end of May. Just seeing if anyone knows anyone that breeds them or might nona potential litter coming up. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: bigt557

·
Registered
62 Posts
Check daddy rabbit beagles in Ga, Google his website. Mostly red ticks, but every so often has a blue tick pup. Some hard hunting dogs

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't found any yet within a couple hour drive yet. But that's why I wanted to start now atleast see if someone was planning a breeding.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Haven't found any yet within a couple hour drive yet. But that's why I wanted to start now atleast see if someone was planning a breeding.
I'll keep my eyes and ears open on any blueticks

I know some guys have them buckshot Jones line in va, .

Give the beagle/rabbit websites a try. Rabbitdogs.net is a good one

·
Registered
111 Posts
A buddy of mine has some blue tick beagles out of the oak hill blood line and they are some good dogs. I believe he got them from a gentleman in SC named Erik stout who is know for producing some good dogs

·
Registered
62 Posts
A buddy of mine has some blue tick beagles out of the oak hill blood line and they are some good dogs. I believe he got them from a gentleman in SC named Erik stout who is know for producing some good dogs

Some of the oak hill was bred to liilycreek line thru daddy rabbit line, med plus speed to upper speed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Couple of websites, American beagler, rabbitdogs.net. On rabbitdogs.net some guys in northeast/midatlanic have litters coming up in the spring.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Guy in creek side PA. Keith Morgan. He has a litter of patch bred hounds now and a litter of pups coming in spring that have a good chance of having some tick. Cadalac jack line of dogs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do the bluetick beagles just have a different color pattern or are there other characteristics that make them desirable?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As far as I know just color difference. I've had bluetick coonhounds and love them just don't have time to hunt coyotes with them anymore. I figured I have more time for bunny hunting.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Ticked dogs are fairly easy to find. I have three, but one is mostly black and tan and its hard to tell its a blue tick unless you look close, the other is also a dog with a lot of black, but you can see the ticking easily, the third, a red tick is an open marked dog, and shows more ticking. I like dogs with more white on, easier to see in the brush. But color does not run rabbits and most of my dogs are on the darker side.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ticked dogs are fairly easy to find. I have three, but one is mostly black and tan and its hard to tell its a blue tick unless you look close, the other is also a dog with a lot of black, but you can see the ticking easily, the third, a red tick is an open marked dog, and shows more ticking. I like dogs with more white on, easier to see in the brush. But color does not run rabbits and most of my dogs are on the darker side.
Love the redticks, what bloodlines?
Where u located

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
The redtick is suppose to be down from JOJO blue breeding, he is only five and a half months old, got him out in Ohio. The bluetick is out of a redtick female, from Art Mets, Zig Zag Zoom dog, that go's back to jasper, and her father is out of mountain state blue bud, she is a year old. AKC dogs, but papers and color do not run rabbits.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts