The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
20,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any chance I could get my yearly report in how the blueberry crop around the I-80 (primarily interested in the Pocono region) corridor's looking this year and at what stage they are in at this point. My backyard berries are ripe on my early plants but the later ones are still green. I like taking the family up for a yearly pick fest.

·
Registered
463 Posts
bawanajim said:
Small ones are now but in a week there will be a lot more.
X2 here in Centre County. My wife and I went to our local honey hole and found a good amount that are ripe but in another week they will be in their prime.

·
20,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! That's helpful. I was thinking of heading north this weeknd but I may just wait one more weekend until July 7th to hit it up.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
might see if i can beat you to it, trout, sounds like a good oppourtunity to get a line wet too.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
I picked a bunch of blueberries yesterday. They appear to be about at their peak.

I'm constantly amazed at how fearful people are of snakes in this state. One woman was putting on snake gaitors before starting to pick berries. Two old guys (even older than me) were walking by, who were picking a few berries they could reach from the forest road. But they wouldn't go "in there" to pick berries, because of SNAKES!!!!.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts