The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere online that will give you some sort of list of gun values? I've looked everywhere and all I can find is adds for buying the actual blue book of gun values or different firearms for sale. I would buy the book but its almost 50 bucks, and for as much as I would use it, it wouldn't be worth it.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Use the online guns auctions and look for the average selling prices. That's the best gauge out there.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
The Blue Book is a joke..Prices fluctuate by area..Go to Gunbroker and check out the prices on auctions that are almost over...This will give you a decent idea what folks are willing to give for any particular gun.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
You can google around and find the Blue Book used for a fraction of new cost. The values don't change much over a few yesrs. I rarely look at it, because their values are way off. Some too high, others excessively low. Check out the gun auctions. Value is really what someone will pay for an item.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Big Ken said:
The Blue Book is a joke..Prices fluctuate by area..Go to Gunbroker and check out the prices on auctions that are almost over...This will give you a decent idea what folks are willing to give for any particular gun.
You hit the nail on the head here. "Area" changes the price outcome in many cases. The Blue Book is a good guideline, but you will notice in certain areas prices are higher based on either demand or availability.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Most libraries have the Blue Book.

If all you are interested in is one specific model, just go to a Barnes and Noble and browse thru a copy.

·
Registered
25,546 Posts
I prefer checking online sites like gunbroker and gunsamerica. While many prices are off the mark (usually too high), it still gives an average of what a particular firearm may be fetching at any given time?

And local markets are often not reflected on these sites, unless ya pay attention to where the seller is located?

Rem. pump rifles are a good example of "local market prices", as they are not as popular in many areas of the country, as they are in the NE and PA in particular.

·
Banned
751 Posts
I use completed auctions on GunBroker, that way you are not looking at what people want for their guns, but what people are actually willing to pay. jmo lenny

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Stetam said:
Use the online guns auctions and look for the average selling prices. That's the best gauge out there.
Ill co-sign that. Im a believer in the blue book but the catch is that the book doesnt account for the fact that the fact that toys are hard to sell these days and that brings the price that folks are willing to pay down. I think its a good starting point but ultimately, auctions show what real live folks are willing to part with on that firearm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts