The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ride up at bloody skillet coming up and was wondering what the black trails are like up there? I am riding with a bunch of older fellas and they thought the blue trail leading from the brickyard up to the main riding trails were extreme. I was not there but I would like to take a few on this black trail up there but not knowing the trail I do not want to get guys into something they can't handle. also what are the play areas like up there? pics are welcome to.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
mainly the long looping one between marker 18 and 26

·
Registered
799 Posts
Ben, I went over there the other week to check it out. I went to that parking lot cause it was the closest. I had a map printed on a black and white printer and could not tell trail colors. I went over there by myself with the intention of just crusing around on the green, checking things out. I started up the trail and said
. I made it fine but it was not what I wanted that day. It's kinda steep with a lot of loose rocks and a few switch backs. Comming down was even better.
The non green trails I saw that day all seemed to be that way, steep with larger loose rocks.
When are you going up there for the ride? I'm headed there sept 19th I think with a group from the camp and I'm taking my boys. Gonna start out at the upper lot and mostly stay on the greens.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually that is when I am going up.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I may be bringing a small group here on the 11th, 12th and 13th. Is there anywhere to camp very close by? Any direct access, or is trailering back and forth necessary?

Although the trails were extremely green in Potter, it was sweet having direct access from the campground. Any other trail areas like that?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you can camp primitive at any of the state trailheads. call that districts state forest office and get a permit.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Cool, I still have your number. Not sure of the times and such but when I know I'll touch base wit you. Maybe we can meetup.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pm sent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts