The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody actually shot through the windows on a hunting blind? I just bought one, and am planning to use it for the late season. I would like to keep the screens down to conceal movement, but I am concerned about the effect on a crossbow bolt shot through it.

I am shooting a Horton Legend 175, with carbon shafts and Muzzy 100gr 3 blade fixed.

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
A buddy of mine does and claims no problems. Expandables are a no no though. I would certainly spend some time actually doing it to verify POI.

·
Registered
483 Posts
i never killed an animal out of them but i did test the windows...shot muzzys out of them..no problems...even shot my rocket expandables out with no problem...the windows tear VERY easily so even the sharp ends of the rockets did the trick...but for broadhead setup like the RAGE i would say will not work out of the shoot through because of not having a cutting edge until opening

·
Registered
615 Posts
i have a double bull, no problems with fixed broadheads but any L shaped broadheads open on impact, shoot where you want to hit. or leave window open wear black. no difference! video is better when window is down but sometimes net is needed..... keep it tight, sharp broadhead they will never know your there! unless you smoke or chew, smell like crap.. and up wind!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts