The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the distractions that kids have today, football, soccer, dance etc. it is very difficult for us hunting parents to compete. That is why I feel so blessed that all 3 of my boys have embraced the passion that we all share. They love to get out in the woods with their family and understand that there is so much more to what we do than the kill. This year was especially special for me, as 2 of my 3 sons tagged their firsts.

After hunting the regular archery season, the youth mentor season and the first day of antlered season we were still 0 for 3. Then came the first Sat, my oldest Joe had just turned 13 2 weeks before, and was sitting with my oldest nephew, when he connected on a 3 point, with a 12 inch spike on one side. About an hour later, my 10 year old Sam was able to harvest his first. Although it was a doe, his smile was ear to ear.

Not to be out done by his older brothers, my youngest Alex wanted to go out late archery, where he was able to take his first with a crossbow.

I admired my children's resolve and the fact that none of them gave up, when we sat for days without seeing a deer.

This morning i am one proud father.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Way to go boys and Dad!!
I too am a father of young hunting children... It's so more rewarding to see our kids becoming successful hunters (in harvest, conservation, and camaraderie) than to be successful ourselves... Our success is in their success!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts