The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Old. I set by Blitzen-zooger to have a little twist in it's zoom-a-long.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I would go with a combination of the two- first I would go with the offset for hunting because I shoot a bisquit- but I would fletch them with the setting from number 2. I like the front of my blazer vane to be in the center of the arrow, and the offset to occur at the rear. That way it hits the bisquit straight to start, causing less wear and tear on the fletching.

Then again- if they are hitting where you aimed- your choice!!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I've never tried an offset? What the advantages/disadvantages? How do you set an offset on the blitz? Anyone have a pic of how they have their Blitz set? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
top cam has a center mark also the bottom has the same.
I set the top cam a tad less then 1/32" (right ) and the bottom cam a hairline to the left that will give you I think aleast 2 to 3 degress
I now change the cams top hairline to the right and the bottom hairline to the left i hear some 1 degree off set.
I have a few shaft that were fletched from the factory and I would say they are a straight fletch

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
The advantages of an offset are that you get the spin for tighter groups with minimal wind resistance (drag) which will 1) cause your arrow to fall off quicker and more drastically after 30-40 yards, and 2) less tearing of fletching if you are shooting a bisquit, and 3) straight fletching flies like a knuckle ball and the front of the arrow is allowed to steer more than it should. If I was shooting a drop away, I would try a rt. or left. helix and an offset and see which one grouped best.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts

Their are many ways to fletch arrows, just shoot what you feel comfortable shooting! I took my deer this year with these guys! Fly like darts! Like to mix it up some! Dont know if you saw this pic before but its an Idea for ya if nothing else! Shoot me a PM if ya got ?'s.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hittingguru: yep i am shooting a W bisquit on a martin saber
I tested both the litle more off set and the new fletch arrow i did yeaterday.I would say the more off set you do see what you said like a knuckle ball at 30 yards.The less off-set maybe 1 degree the arrow fly like a dime straight and fast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts