The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone uses blazer vanes on there crossbow bolts and how they perform. I was planning on wrapping and fletching a half dozen of arrows for my dad for his birthday. On his bolts he currently has, they seem to be like a 3 or 4 inch fletching. Was wondering if id screw him up by switching them to a blazer vane?

·
Registered
12,359 Posts
I use the 2" blazers on mine and they work great. I use the EZ fletch bolt that has a "radical helical". Two things you have to watch. On some bows the blazer will "bottom out" and hit the bottom of the rail grove. It can cause the arrow to raise up and the string to go underneath which would cause a dryfire or partial dryfire. The other thing is if you have too much helical or too much offset it can cause the vanes to rub the inside of the rail and can affect accuracy.

What crossbow does he have?

·
Registered
12,359 Posts
On my Dad's Tenpoint the blazers would bottom out but just barely. He trimmed the cock vane just a hair and it was fine with blazers. I forget what model that he has.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
The Blazers hit in the bottom of the Titan barrel. You can trim them or use a lower profile vane such as the 3 inch Norway Fusion vane or 2.88 Vane Tec vanes. I prefer the Vane Tec's.

·
Registered
19,536 Posts
Blazers can rub slightly on TenPoints. With that said, I shoot them out of my TenPoints and don't trim them. No problems for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts