The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a preference? Any remarkable differences between the two? Which one do you prefer?

Any input appreciated.

Going to Cabelas on Sunday for a Bitz... So excited to start experimenting and building my own arrows...

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Been shooting Blazers since they were introduced 10 years ago. I tried some others along the way but none of them have performed for me like Blazers. I don't see a change in my setup any time soon.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Blazers, fletched with Az EZ fletch mini. Puts an excellent right helical on them.

Last year I decided to experiment and fletched one arrow each with: 2" Blazers, 2" Vanetec, 3" Vanetec, Razyr feathers (are those 2 or 3"?), and 4" Gateway feathers. And honestly other than noise, shooting my QAD Exodus heads at 50 yards they all shot great. The feathers were the loudest btw, the 4" parabolic were slightly less so than the Razyr's. I wish I took video of it. So I just stay with Blazers because I like them.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Ha, I would have been happy just with aluminum arrows and four inch vanes.
The change means new glue, new flether, new arrows, new vanes...

Already knew how to shoot deer. Somebody else probably didn't know how to shoot deer.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pa.Bone said:
In hot pink and white I might add, easier for me to see.
Sweet! lol

I'm using a WB n haven't been using a helical vane for years. I just don't know if I want to go with a drop away or if I can run a helical through a WB. My guess is no.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Janie said:
Pa.Bone said:
Sweet! lol

I'm using a WB n haven't been using a helical vane for years. I just don't know if I want to go with a drop away or if I can run a helical through a WB. My guess is no.
Janie,

I set my son's bow up with a WB. He's shooting Easton Nemesis arrows with 2" Blazers fletched right helical. No problems at all.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rtkbowhunter said:
Janie said:
Pa.Bone said:
Sweet! lol

Janie,

I set my son's bow up with a WB. He's shooting Easton Nemesis arrows with 2" Blazers fletched right helical. No problems at all.
Good to know! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Janie said:
rtkbowhunter said:
Janie said:
Pa.Bone said:
Sweet! lol

Janie,

Good to know! Thanks!!!
Just a little more info.... Walk back tuning with FP and BH was right on the money after tweaking the rest slightly. Broadheads are 100gr Magnus Stingers.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I wouldn't be hesitant to go to a drop away Janie. Definitely made my bow easier to shoot.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Helical works fine out of a WB, however in my experience if you shoot a lot you will notice the WB wears the vanes out faster (on a helical I mean).

I am a huge fan of QAD rests, well all except the Hunter model. The HD, LD, and HDX models are easy to set up and once set up, I haven't had to reset one yet.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We'll see. I went to Cabelas today to get my birthday gift from hubby. The bitzenburger. I also picked up a straight jig. Just in case.

I won't rule out a QAD drop away this year. I've used a WB since forever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts