The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my question is whether or not anyone has had the problem with blazer vanes hitting their cables before the arrow leaves the bow.

The vanes are so wide that they literally touch my cables.

If you've had this problem, how did you correct it? Switch vanes? I was told that I could trim the vane parallel to the shaft and the arrows would still fly fine. Is this true? I find it hard to believe.

Any help?

·
Registered
931 Posts
I would honestly take your bow to a local shop. You might just need it tuned properly.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I don't know what to say then. I'm sure by tomorrow someone will have a definate answer for you though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
What kind of bow are you shooting?

If you are using a drop away, you can get nocks that allow you to turn the arrow (and subsequently the vanes) to any orientation you'd like. If that is the case, you can probably turn the arrow so that the vanes don't come close to hitting the cables.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Muzzymarauder, I shoot Blazer vanes. What I had to do to get the vanes to clear the cables is to turn the knock slightly. It doesn't take much, at least not on my bow.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PSE Baby G-Force with a quicktune rest. Even with the vane hitting, I can still put the arrows where I want them. However; there will be the occasional "stray" arrow that hits a few inches from the others.

It has to be the vanes because of the way the arrow comes off the bow.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
you are shooting with the cockvane down with that rest right? if not, that could be your problem. if so, then your cable guard has rotated. that was big problem with the baby G force. you need to rotate it back out and tighten the screws. also, you may need to put locktite and an adhesive to stop it from continuing to loosen and rotate again.

good luck. lemme know if that fixes it.

-tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts