The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When using a blind during firearms season, a safety tree strap must be used in conjunction with the blind. It must be 100 square inches visible 360 degrees around. I get all if that.

My question is where do you find them for purchase? I've looked on Amazon and nothing. The only thing I found that I think would work is a little pop up "tent cone" thing from HSS. Not sure if this would be sufficient in the eyes of the game commission.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also found blind toppers but that seems like too much to fiddle with when trying to just get in quietly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
757 Posts
While I don’t hunt out of a blind, I have in certain situations tied a orange vest around a tree when I thought more visibility was needed. 100 sq inches is not very much either. For reference a piece 12x12 is 144 sq inches.

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Scaff’s Enterprises shows them on the web.

search orange tree band scaffs

good luck

·
Registered
713 Posts
While I don't hunt from a blind, in spring season if hunter pressure is especially high I'll wrap my set up tree with a band of orange fabric from Joanne's. Just tie it around the tree good to go. Roll it up stuff out in a vest pocket.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
My turkey vest had one with it. It is 6 in wide and 3ft long with velcro.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Cheap orange vest.

·
Super Moderator
27,480 Posts
I have a flo orange band that I've been carrying around for years. I've had it since the first times you needed to display something near your stand in archery during concurrent seasons. I use it mostly now when orange is required, but I wrap it around my backpack, which is as large as my back and covers the backside of my orange vest. This year during the inline and jr/sr rifle seasons, I tied an orange vest on the tree next to me while archery hunting.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I found one 5ft x 4in late winter a while ago. I just use it as a headband on my boonie, beanie or on my head while moving.

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Man, I have one of those bands from many years ago. I think it used to be required for turkey hunting? I have no idea where I got it, I think maybe the PGC. The one I have is really durable, I've had it for probably 25 years.

They have them for sale online at PGC, called "turkey alert band" says it takes 2-4 weeks to arrive though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts