The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found some public land to hunt recently, but it is archery only... Not a big deal since I hunt archery all of the time. My question is, do you have to wear blaze orange during turkey season if it is posted as archery only land? I wore my orange today, and I will proceed to do so, but I was just curious as to what the law would be...

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
you dont have to wear orange period while spring turkey hunting....unless they changed that law back?

but, if orange is required, im 99% sure orange laws would still apply.....

im pretttty certain they dropped the orange laws in spring turkey a year or 2 back...

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
With nearly 1/2 the posts here covering tresspassers you really want to question the use of blaze just because the land is deemed archery only.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, I use it regardless.. Better to be safe than dead. As I was fighting the sleep monster this morning I just thought about the blaze orange requirements of the land I was hunting... Not a big deal.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
me too

had to many at work/whereever make boasts about not wearing blaze when required during over lap even a few during rifle season cause their land/lease/whatever is archery only

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
i don't see in the reg's that if it is posted archery only that you don't need to wear it when required to do so....it is listed as what season, not area when blaze is to be worn....even winter archery you need to wear it while moving only with small game open too............bob

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
inbred said:
bob1961 said:
even winter archery you need to wear it while moving only with small game open too
no, you don't.
really?....i'll have to re-read the reg's....i would have a removible vest to be safe..........bob

·
Registered
14,314 Posts

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
i thought you had to where it when other seasons you would use guns overlapped...........bob

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Nope, just early muzz. and a hat for fall turkey. I had a guy get really angry with me one day walking into my archery stand one evening in small game season(no other overlap at the time) because I didn't have any orange on. I had to explain it to him. To my knowledge it's never been that way, but many think it is.

He was concerned for my safety and that's great. I do carry an orange hat with me for waving at other hunters or to put on sometimes, but in this case I felt pretty safe walking down the SGL road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts