The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks alot guys,because of you muzzie hunters i normally would of been thinking of ice-fishing, but no--all i can think about is hunting with the smoke-pole! i keep telling the wife it is just something to get me out of her hair wilst waiting for the safe ice and not another addiction,but deep down inside i know im in denial,im hooked

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
I'm the same way this year instead of ice fishing, I'm taken the flinter out on my days off.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah something about being out in the weather this time of the year,i remember people thinking i was nuts for hunting an fishing in harsh conditions but i figured if i had to work in it i would play in it also

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Yup soon you will be really getting into it, making your own horn, possibles bag, buckskins, ordering a custom flinter, etc. . .

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Go get your self a BIG tackle box for all those "necessary's". Get one with a good handle, it's a little embarassing when you pick up your shootin' box and the handle lets go. Been there done that

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
schrommer said:
thanks alot guys,because of you muzzie hunters i normally would of been thinking of ice-fishing, but no--all i can think about is hunting with the smoke-pole! i keep telling the wife it is just something to get me out of her hair wilst waiting for the safe ice and not another addiction,but deep down inside i know im in denial,im hooked
Think you should go back to ice fishing and just give me the location of your favorite hunting spot instead!!!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually im in luzerne ct and alot of people dont like the place but francis-sloucum state park is close to me and always catch fish mostly panfish if your ever in area i have a couple of private ponds to fish the more the merrier i dont want to get scolded for being in the wrong forum so if ya want pm me, schrommer

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
schrommer said:
i normally would of been thinking of ice-fishing, but no--all i can think about is hunting with the smoke-pole!
It's a good time to be changing hobbies, what with Global Warming and all. Sell your ice-fishing gear while you still can!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Thanks !! I'm not even sure where your near. Problem is if I take up one more outdoor sport, I may need a new place to live...lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts