The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you that have camps in western Perry county know if the Blaine Hotel is scheduled to re-open anytime soon?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have a camp about 7 miles from Blain and went to the hotel a few times to eat. I was surprised to hear that it closed. Didn't hear anything about it reopening. If your asking because you are looking to eat there, I can tell you that Little's Cafe in Kistler reopened right before Deer Season. They have pretty good food. My camp is about 2 miles from there.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YH, really appreciate the update. I go to a camp west of Blaine, and as you, was surprised to hear that it had closed.
Yes, I'm asking because it's a favorite stop when I'm over in the area.
Anyone else with an update?

·
Registered
669 Posts
they did have some real good coffee in there! I have some friends that lease over that way, I'll have to touch base with them and will let ya know.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I totally agree about the coffee. I think that it was some of the best coffee around. That was always a favorite stop of mine while turkey hunting, trout fishing, or just hanging around the western end of the county. I do hope that they open back up soon. Now when we go to camp up that way we stop at Books Market right beside the hotel and load up on meats, cheeses, crackers and pickles. They have a nice selection of products and fresh produce. They also have the best firearms prices around, you cant beat them.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed, Morelsurcher. We always stop at Book's Market as well, as opposed to bringing our food along. It's a great way to support the local economy.
LCL, let us know if you find anything additional out.

·
Registered
931 Posts
i didnt know blain hotel was closed. my fiancee has a friend and her husband that lives near where that railroad car sits.we would spend weekends with them, one time we went and ate there at the hotel cuz there daughter worked there and she waited on us.we also would go to books market.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It's good to hear from a few other people on here that go to camps in Perry county. I was begining to think that I was the only one!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
i was actually thinking of starting a thread for western perry and juniata. i don't have a camp i live here. i'm somwhere in the tuscarora state forest a little bit every week. year round. Spent 3/4 of the day today shed hunting..found one really nice side 4 pts nice long tines. Turkeys were gobbling last sunday..there were 4 longbeards together. And yes last time i was through kistler the resturant was back open. wasn't aware of the blain hotel being closed...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have heard that the people that own Littles Rest. may be opening it if they can get the inspection stuff taken care of ..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts