The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
79inpa said:
do you find those in moss around swamps and ponds or in oak forests?
Always find them in moss...mostly target places that hold moisture, high humidity etc....along mountain streams, North facing slopes, under stands of mixed conifers and Oaks, storm drainage areas etc....but always in moss.

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
Are there any lookalikes?
I don't know that I've ever seen them.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I wonder who the first human was that said "Hmmmmmm, I think I'll taste one of them"?

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hdt said:
Are there any lookalikes?
I don't know that I've ever seen them.
It took me two years before I found my first one...once you find and make a positive ID I am not aware of anything that you could confuse it for. A person can be standing in a flush of several hundred and not be aware of it at first, I know I have been.

Took this pic yesterday, it's one of several Trumpet flushes I found and left to mature...

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could be...LOL..if they are yours you can have them, I don't get excited about the free stuff..LOL..I at one time would travel to hunt Deer now I just travel to find the fungus that lives amoung us,

BTW I'll be out in SC PA forest and fields snoopin some this afternoon if you happen see me.....keep movin!!!

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Ripnmax said:
Could be...LOL..if they are yours you can have them, I don't get excited about the free stuff..LOL..I at one time would travel to hunt Deer now I just travel to find the fungus that lives amoung us,

BTW I'll be out in SC PA forest and fields snoopin some this afternoon if you happen see me.....keep movin!!!

LOL LOL nice that you have a sense of humor... Nope I don't go in that field.. I go in the field right next to that field. LOL

Nice pictures of Black Trumpets.. Thank you for sharing the pictures with everyone..Keep up the good work!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts