The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out bowhunting this morning and when I was coming home through the mountains I saw a deer trail and decided to stop and check it out. When I stopped the truck I looked over to the bank and saw this black snake sunning itself so I took a couple of pics.

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looked to be at least 3 feet long or better, I could have caught and measured it.
This evening I went on a little ride to scout more areas and saw a Black Snake along the edge of the road. I swerved to miss it but the truck behind me swerved to run it over, the idiot.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Well next time could ya get a pic with a rule in it next to the snake; after you catch it and measure it of course.
I'd take your word but you know how some folks round here are!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
On more serious note.....didn't say it before, nice pics. Healthy lookin snake there, I was thinkin they'd pretty much be in for the winter around here. Maybe I am wrong....hope I don't see any! LOL

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Nice picture. I don't like any kind of snakes but try to avoid them and not kill them. They are beneficial. I encouraged my dog once to kill a black snake and have regretted it ever since. They are great on rodents.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Nice pics, but I hate snakes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts