The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys paying for a pound of black powder. I just paid 20.99 a pound the same place i bought it last year for 14.99 and feel like i got a ramrod inserted

·
Registered
13,134 Posts
I do wonder why the prices are jumping so quickly? I don`t think is is a scarcety like lead and copper is it?

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Muzzleloading used to be fairly cheap to go out and shoot... not so much the case anymore.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I just looked at my can,bought in December of 2002, it was $13.99 back then,I have just a little left.as you can tell,I don't shoot the flintlock very often.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I got a pound the other day for 21 bucks, will probably stock up on it when I get the chance.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Just got a pound of 2f at Dixons and it was $20

Did some calculations, 7000 grains in a pound. It you shoot 70grain charges you'll get 100 shots a pound. Add in round balls and patches plus a little 4F and its still cheap when you consider how much regular ammo has gone up

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Talonracer said:
Just got a pound of 2f at Dixons and it was $20

Did some calculations, 7000 grains in a pound. It you shoot 70grain charges you'll get 100 shots a pound. Add in round balls and patches plus a little 4F and its still cheap when you consider how much regular ammo has gone up
I reload... it's cheaper for me to shoot my centerfires

I paid alot less just 2 years ago for my last pound od 3F. Price went up 8-9 bucks.

I shoot PA conicals, price at the local shop was 10.99 2 years ago. Now 12.99.

I thought this was going to happen since smokeless powder went up, but wasn't sure.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I just recently (couple weeks ago) paid $13.50 a can.
I got it from Back Creek Gun Shop down in Winchester, VA. I got five cans--I hope that lasts me a while. Even though I have a feeling that a couple years down the road I will be wishing I had bought more. I have also noticed price increases in local gunshops around me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts