The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black out camera's just don't work.
Has anyone found a camera that the deer "ABSOLUTELY DO NOT SEE OR LOOK AT THE FLASH?"
Many of them say it, but the pictures don't lie.
The camera takes a picture, no sound, and the deer stop what they are doing and look at the camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I'll have to check my cards again...
I have StealthCams (6 of them) and all but 2 are set to take video.
Sure on video you'll get the occasional eye flash, only if they happen to look straight at it, which really isn't all that often...
I'll have to check the 2 cards from the ones that take pix only to see how many have the eye flash... if memory serves, it's not that high a percentage.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Definitely something going on that makes them 'AWARE'.... Don't know if it's sight or sound... possibly some frequency humans can't detect... But all our black flash habe deer looking right at cameras... even ones placed 10' up a tree..

·
Registered
21,257 Posts
I'm convinced that the can see something. Some deer seem curious about it but , usually, if I get a picture of a big, mature buck, I only get him once or twice.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
How do we know that can't see the wavelength that the black flash uses?
Those "deer horns" or whatever they call them, that you mount on your front bumper and the ulta ... something sound scares them away! LOL
I saw a study done on them. The frequency they use, the deer can't hear.
One Police officer that was interviewed for the study , said, "They work! I drove out through a field at them and they all ran! That proves they work."
Yep , they sure do, LOL.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Black out camera's just don't work.
Has anyone found a camera that the deer "ABSOLUTELY DO NOT SEE OR LOOK AT THE FLASH?"
Many of them say it, but the pictures don't lie.
The camera takes a picture, no sound, and the deer stop what they are doing and look at the camera.

Pa guy: the black out cameras do work. It is the click that spooks them The regular cameras with the red glow spook them as well. I switched to the Wild game innovations blacked out cameras that use the "Silent Shield" technology and it absolutely changed the amount and quality of pics I get, from deer, fox, turkeys and yotes. Look for that in your next camera and you will be believer, I have been chasing deer with these cams for the last 4 years and they are awesome!! I have had on camera deer bed in front of them and never spook.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I use both black and infared, doesn't seem to make a difference. Bucks ,does, fawns. ive had them in front of camera for multiple pics sometimes looking up at camera, sometimes all I get are multiple nose hair shots they are so close. I suspect its the click sound. I have pics where they totally ignore the cam. Even back when flash cams were in use ,I did not see spooked deer and running off in pics. Cams are in suburban and upstate woods

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pa guy: the black out cameras do work. It is the click that spooks them The regular cameras with the red glow spook them as well. I switched to the Wild game innovations blacked out cameras that use the "Silent Shield" technology and it absolutely changed the amount and quality of pics I get, from deer, fox, turkeys and yotes. Look for that in your next camera and you will be believer, I have been chasing deer with these cams for the last 4 years and they are awesome!! I have had on camera deer bed in front of them and never spook.
Thanks 5c, I'll have to get one of those and give it a try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts