The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife was at walmart and texted me this package. I’m usually fussy about cameras and haven’t used one this cheap before. I think I already know what two drawbacks it’s gonna have but what the heck, I told her to bring one home. Anyone using these?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
How much are they selling them for?
I don't know anything about them, mine are all Moultries.
Was that at Altoona or Freedom Junction?
I may try one too.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
#1 short coming - it will only take one picture every 30 seconds.
Trigger speed seems pretty reasonable for 38 bucks. 🙂 This pic is at only 6 yards, I walked through opening at normal walking speed. On video mode the trigger speed is just a fraction slower. It will record for 15 seconds, then not trigger again for 30 seconds.

Heading out shortly to set up in the field. Will post more later.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me running past at 6yds, 12yds, and about 20yds. Not running fast lol.
I also started at about 30yds and walked toward the camera, it didn’t trigger until I was at about 12yds.
Hope someone finds this helpful. I’ll post some more pics as I get them. The only thing I have against this cam is no multi shots. Don’t like having to wait 30 seconds between pics, I know it’ll miss a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
683 Posts
Don;t get sucked into the cheap Wild Game Innovation garbage. The price is appealing but spend some more on a reliable camera. That camera will have some kind of malfunction within a year.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don;t get sucked into the cheap Wild Game Innovation garbage. The price is appealing but spend some more on a reliable camera. That camera will have some kind of malfunction within a year.
Take out the batteries and sd card and I probably have 20-25 dollars in this camera. As I said I've never bought one of these cheap cameras before. Every camera I've owned has failed one way or another after a few years. I don't feel I'm being sucked into anything. Yes you get what you pay for and at this price it won't take long to get my monies worth. (-;

If and when it malfunctions, I'll post that here too with no malarky just like I'm doing. I usually spend $150- $200 on a camera and often wished I knew someone like myself who would post their experience with one of these as they go. So here it is, hope someone finds it helpful.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was expecting motion at night to be blurry. Could be a lot worse. So far not disappointed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,151 Posts
I use nothing but Wildgame Innovation and Moultrie

Reactions: kdvarmint

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
i have two cameras a primos easy cam, 2 years old and still works great. B&W photos at night color in the daytime. simply put an SD card in, turn it on and forget it.

i also have a wildgame terra 10 that takes videos, no complaints, 1 year old and works great. just have to point it down or up the trail. anything walking across it gets missed as it often does with any camera.

if either one gets stolen i wont be out any serious cash.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have two cameras a primos easy cam, 2 years old and still works great. B&W photos at night color in the daytime. simply put an SD card in, turn it on and forget it.

i also have a wildgame terra 10 that takes videos, no complaints, 1 year old and works great. just have to point it down or up the trail. anything walking across it gets missed as it often does with any camera.

if either one gets stolen i wont be out any serious cash.
Have you used the video much? If so, how is battery life?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks for the info KD,,, I just bought one as well because of the price but haven't had a chance to get it out. I appreciate the the thorough review. For that price, if it lasts a year, takes photos and doesn't chew thru batteries, I'll be happy.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I think that camera package is a good deal. Like other said if it got stolen no big deal. Decent replacement batteries will cost you close to ten bucks, plus whatever the SD card cost.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lastest pics. Didn’t do well in the damp rainy conditions. Lens fogged up. Furthest pic trigged was roughly 12yds. One thing it did do was trigger fast enough to get a coyote trotting by, and that is my main purpose for hanging cameras. Although the moving coyote is blurry, I got what I want, presence-identification-date and time.
Infared definitely spooked the buck.

I moved the camera to a different spot and set it to video. Hopefully have some results next weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got some Fairly decent videos but the files are too big to upload. Can’t even upload a video recorded with my phone right off the PC screen. Here are some screenshots from the videos, at least you get something. /: Yeah I know it stinks.

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Me running past at 6yds, 12yds, and about 20yds. Not running fast lol.
I also started at about 30yds and walked toward the camera, it didn’t trigger until I was at about 12yds.
Hope someone finds this helpful. I’ll post some more pics as I get them. The only thing I have against this cam is no multi shots. Don’t like having to wait 30 seconds between pics, I know it’ll miss a lot.
Thanks for the helpful post. I will say that I laughed out loud when I was scrolling down and saw the picture sequence! Only on here will you see a grown man running back
and forth in front of camera!! Thanks for the laugh too!:grin2:

Reactions: kdvarmint
1 - 20 of 27 Posts