The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with Black Eagle executioners or zombie killer arrows/bolts. I see the zk are stiffer but other than that their the same. I’m using a Barnett whitetail hunter pro it’s rated at 380 FPS I need to get something that’s heavier and stiffer then what I’m using now. Thanks

·
Registered
18,574 Posts
I shoot BEEs almost exclusively at this point out of many bows. Zombies are pretty darn stiff. Much stiffer than what is needed on most bows.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
For those of you who shoot other shafts with plastic nocks, Black Eagle sells aluminum half moon nocks if you're inclined to replace your plastic ones. I did this after a plastic nock failure.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I've been shooting blackeagle since the company started...I shot them off 3 different xbows...they are hands down the best on the market and at fair prices..

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Black Eagles are one of the best arrows out there. Jerry at South Shore makes a really good custom arrow at a good price. Like DPMS said the Zombies are stiffer than needed for most bows.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
"stiffer than needed" doesn't hurt anything right? i just got a dozen zombies for Christmas. They arent really much more price wise than the Executioners and the guys on the excal forum said they seem to hold up better. I cant wait to see how they shoot compared to my stock quills.

·
Registered
18,574 Posts
You wont know till you shoot them. Some bows like a little weaker spine and will shoot them better than really stiff shafts. I suspect the Zombies will group better than the factory quills, though.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
i think my micro is going to like the zombies. After a quick hunt this morning i decided to shoot a little before i went inside. Even with the lighted nocks taking away from my foc i just shot a 3/4 in group at 50 yards. one went through the same hole. too cold to experiment much farther.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts