The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! My first year trapping and I got my first coyote, ALL BLACK! Ive been working on dirt hole sets for fox. Never even new that there were yotes in my area! Ok for some details....I had a fox set on a dead end quad trail using an older victor 4x4 1.5 coil spring. I had the trap bedded in peat moss using fox lure. The week before I caught her I caught a rabbit in the same exact set. Wouldn't you know New years day i head out to check my trap line and run into coyote tracks 20 feet off my front porch. Followed them past 3 of my other sets, one of which was circled multiple times but never stepped in the trap. Got to my 4th set and there she was! I wasn't quite sure what I had till I started asking around. Ive been told that its a catch of a lifetime and ill be spoiled for life! Currently she is at the taxidermist getting mounted. To date I have caught 6 coon, 2 grey fox, 2 possum, 2 farrel cats, 2 ringneck (one was just a foot left in the trap the other I caught today in the same set I caught the coyote in) 1 red fox, 1 rabbit, and one coyote!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Congrats!
A melanistic coyote is my personal goal. So to me...you just won the lottery. Or made a hole-in-one, and many other equivalent rare feats.

Interesting set too!

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Awesome catch!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts