The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
My son and I are going on a fall bear hunt this year so I joined a website that shows hunter reviews on outfitters for all types of hunts. Turnpike Ridge seems to produce bear but there were some folks that had an unpleasant experience.

One of the biggest complaints was having to drive your own vehicle 40 miles on bad roads to get to the bait site. People saying lots of flat tires. Can anyone on here confirm or deny this? There were several other complaints that seemed consistent but you can never be sure it wasn't the same person with different logins

Thanks

·
Registered
645 Posts
jkhunter said:
My son and I are going on a fall bear hunt this year so I joined a website that shows hunter reviews on outfitters for all types of hunts. Turnpike Ridge seems to produce bear but there were some folks that had an unpleasant experience.

One of the biggest complaints was having to drive your own vehicle 40 miles on bad roads to get to the bait site. People saying lots of flat tires. Can anyone on here confirm or deny this? There were several other complaints that seemed consistent but you can never be sure it wasn't the same person with different logins

Thanks
I have heard the same thing. I know for fact that "Reality Road" will chew through tires. Wouldn't even drive on it unless I had 2 spares (that's a 10ply tire) Graded shale will do wonders to tires. The outfitter that I go with enters that road a the 6mi gate and goes out from 36 mile to the Allagash waterway.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
jkhunter said:

Thanks
I booked with them over 10 years ago. Yeah we used our own vehicles be we didnt complain i actually liked it that way and they would come by and check on you every few hours to see you got anything. You were suppose to put a pile of rocks out that you got something and they would come in and take care of the animal for you. I really like this outfitter. We booked with them the following years. Saw alot of bear every day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts