The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a black bear, about 210#, not a biggie.
thinking it has a nice head. What would be the going rate to get the head and neck mounted?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
short shoulder mount. I really don't have much wall room to hang it on. Actually thinking of selling it if themounting fee is too much. Beautiful blackie, but a little medium in size; has a great head and brown mask.

·
Banned
774 Posts
i got ya....ill just offer some insight....small bears dont look good on a shoulder mount, they look like big coyotes. and i would imagine that a head/neck mount would emphasize the small size more...

go the route i did and get it tanned...JMO

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
consider a cave mount. head, neck shoulders coming out of a cave. it really is a nice mount and does not make your bear look small

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
210 is not a small bear, but not a huge bear either. It would certainly be bigger than a coyote head LOL.

If the pelt overall is nice, you may as well sell the skin intact with the feet and claws and everything than cut the head and neck off.

I'm assuming you have bear mounts and stuff out to wazoo.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fox trapper lady, where could I sell the frozen pelt, it is intact with nice large claws?
You got it, my grizzly rug takes up one wall.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Try selling it to taxidermists near you. You can maybe PM Paul C on here and see if he knows anyone needing a bear skin. I'm not sure of the laws on this, but he will know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts