The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
There are many good outfitters but I can vouch for Bob Parker, Stony Brook Outfitters. He hunts Maine in the fall, both bait and dogs, and is considered one of the best bear dog men in Maine. He also does spring hunts in New Brunswick over bait.

I've hunted with him in Maine twice and NB once and have killed three bears. I'm booked for this spring the third week of May in NB.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I and several friends have hunted Maine in the fall over bait. I believe the one thing to look out for is the "bear factory guide services". Some of the guides will have 20-30 clients in camp at one time, that doesn't mean they won't provide a quality hunt. For me I wanted a camp that had a maximum of 15 hunters and preferably 10-12. These are enjoyable hunts typically 4wheel or fish in the morning and hunt from 2pm till dark. I used 3 Rivers Guide service and had a great time, but a friend used him a year later and he expanded his camp an had more hunters than he could handle. Friends have went multiple times with Bounty Hunter Guide Service and had good times each trip. I plan to do another trip in the future and am leaning towards Laney's Guide Service or Allagash Guide Service. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
loridr said:
There are many good outfitters but I can vouch for Bob Parker, Stony Brook Outfitters. He hunts Maine in the fall, both bait and dogs, and is considered one of the best bear dog men in Maine. He also does spring hunts in New Brunswick over bait.

I've hunted with him in Maine twice and NB once and have killed three bears. I'm booked for this spring the third week of May in NB.
X2!! Hunted with him over dogs in '98. First day, first hour, split chase and two bears down. All his bait hunters scored. Great person. Great food.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well I'll suggest either Loon Lodge for a bait hunt. Nice cabins great food about 8-12 people in camp depending on group sizes.

For a hound hunt you can't go wrong with Laneys guide service. Paul runs Plott hounds and they are some of the best.

·
Registered
340 Posts
try W.T. outfitters Danford lake Quebec. probably about a 10 - 11 hr drive from south central pa. I have been going with them for 10 yrs. Lots of bear and lots of fun!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Look at ClubScott.com great food good prices Walleye and brook trout too. Taken 2 great bears there and lots of good Walleyes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts