The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
made this one for one of the guys who frequents this forum, Bob Taylor. He wanted it for his son. The blade is forged 5160 and handle material is laminated wood. If Bob come son, he can explain the origin of it.
Bob posts unde rthe name btexpress1.

·
Registered
624 Posts
made this one for one of the guys who frequents this forum, Bob Taylor. He wanted it for his son. The blade is forged 5160 and handle material is laminated wood. If Bob come son, he can explain the origin of it.
Bob posts unde rthe name btexpress1.
Nice looking job I'm sure will love it. Good luck

·
Registered
61 Posts
This knife looks better than the pictures show. Birdog did a wonderful job on it. The wood was made at the company where I work. They were having trouble with it delaminating. So they hired an engineer who has experience with dyed wood and the process to press it. We're now using a two part adhesive and it seems to be working. The only problem is, they're not throwing any away like they were. I can't find any in the dumpsters. Birdog, the engineer took a couple of pictures of the knife, he really likes it. If any one would like a couple pieces of this wood, PM me. I won't ship it, but I could possibly meet somewhere.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Did I mention that it's free. I have different colors and sizes. I'll be in Altoona February 11 and 12. I know this is probably the wrong forum, but do any of you guys make wooden pistol grips?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts