The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a different set of sticks for the upcoming predator season. I have a few I would like to hear as much imput as possible.

1. The Vanguard - Rifle Stock Mounted Bipod - 12 3/4 to 27 Inch Adjustable / Pivoting / Quick Sling Attach Point Install Item # Equalizer 2 . Allpredatorcalls has these.

2. The New BOG-POD® Tactical Shooting Tripods . Cabela's , and Midway has these.

3. The Primos Trigger sticks / Bipods

Any User info would be Great! I will be using this for Mostly Predator calling. Please chime in with any others that you think may work for calling.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i shoot f t/r longrange competition rifle. by the rules i must shoot prone off a bipod. i have shot most of the bipod types/styles. my two favorites are the harris type with pod-paws (pod-paws no longer available) and the sinclair international bipod. this one hooks up to a sling post and becomes a rigid unit as one with the rifle. no wobble and no bounce. adjusts for height and level. awful for walking around but fabulous for stationary. downside is that it is pricey.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I know of those models . The sinclair is no good for what I want and harris's are good but I want something a little different. Thanks though.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i have had harris 6-9in bipods on all my varmint guns. love them. ive known guys using shooting sticks for their varmint guns as well. i keep buying harris bipods.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Gander Mountain now has a line of bipods out I looked at the other day and they are very light and cheaper then Primos.

·
Registered
18,580 Posts
david/dave said:
Beag. Does it fold or close up or do you carry it on the gun in the open pos.?
I carry it in stuck in my belt, doesn't fold. They sell swivel mounts that go on any rifle. I simply put it on when I get to my desired location. I can snap my bipod on three of my rifles.
Here it is on my 22 Hornet.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what I like about that Beagler is it connects to the gun! Nice setup for callin animals for sure! My vanguard quest 62 came today. I like it so far here at the house. Mounts a gun nice. I will take some pics for a review on this tripod/bipod/monopod

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have used a levelok shooting stick for like 16 years they make momopods, bipods and tripods. I use the moopod with the powerlok cradle it attaches to the rifle and the company is for pittsburgh which is nice. I made a head shot on a coyote at 70 yards with my 22.250 http://www.levelok.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts