The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This also posted in the predator forum but would like your opinions as well.Pros and cons of sling stud or barrel mount.Fathers day is Sunday.So I get what I want with no grief.I know I want a model of bipod that swivels.It will be on a Savage 93 FV.Until later when I get a 22-250.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
u dont want anything touching your barrel when u r shooting. it throws the natural movement of your barrel off and you will lose accuracy. get a swivel stud mount with a pod lock so you can lock it down when you get it like you want it.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Havoc is 100% correct. barrel mount is ok for deer at 70 yards but not varmints at 200+

Usually I don't need a swivel type and the fixed is more steady/stable

·
Registered
25,776 Posts
Been using Harris bipods since the late 70s. Never had any urge to try one of the "swiveling" models, still prefer the original system, clamped solidly onto the quick detach sling stud.

Ain't broke, ain't gonna try to fix it. Although when Harris changed to the adjustable legs, traded all of my original notched leg models to buddies that hated the adjustable ones, before Harris again started making the notched versions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts