The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planted Mossy Oak's Biologic LabLab in 1/2 acre size food plot this summer. This stuff grew like crazy. Viny, like a bean, lush green leaves, about 2 feet high. Deer didn't touch it. Has anyone else had his problem

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I planted lablab a few years ago in a mix and it grew several feet high. The deer did browse it but not near enough to slow it up. I'd rather plant something they will eat a lot of even if they eat it to the ground.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I'm with you, I spend my money to feed the deer, not to have nice looking fields. When Spring comes around, I don't want to be chopping off last years crop. We are big on soybeans, here and in NY, plant a field in May and another in late Summer.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good call. We've had a lot of luck with Whitetail Institute Clover in the past. I guess if it ain't broken don't fix it lol Im just one of those people that can't help but try new things

·
Registered
561 Posts
I planted Tecomate LabLab Plus a few years ago and the deer kept it about calf high. I would have planted it again but the stores around here all quit carrying it for some reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts