The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
won a 5 lb bag of biologic hotspot mix at a gun bash. it was a prize on one of the tables that is donated. my question is, has anyone used this and what kind of results did you get. the bag says it will cover 1/4 acre so i was planning on using it at the top part of the field above the house. hoping it will give the deer something different to eat and keep them in the area.

·
Registered
7,829 Posts
I believe it is a good product ,but never used it .what type of grasses are in it . I would try it ,if it don`t work try something different next year, it was free ,why not try it. good luck

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Post up the seed contents of the bag please. It should have a smaller white label with the seed types and the percentages of each in the mix.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Free is never bad!! Quick google shows this "BioLogic Hot Spot — a scientifically selected blend of wheat, deer radish, rye, and rape" as the main ingredients, no percentages given on their web site. I would be careful if the rye listed is rye grass, ain't worth the effort to plant it. The rest of them seeds are fine but if I got it, I'd sift it in front of a fan several times to blow the lighter rye seeds out of the mix into the yard, I would never put rye grass in the ground again, pain in the butt is all it is.

Reactions: OAWC

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the majority of the field is timothy hay and weeds. the landlord had the field mowed and the hay taken off. going to ask him if he would use his tractor and rotor tiller and break up some of the ground to overturn the dirt next year. see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts