The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

BINOS

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  tdd 
#1 ·
looking at getting a new pair of binos. looking at $200 or less any ideas what you guys recommend? thanks

#4 ·
10X isn't hard to hold IMHO. The 8X will be a little brighter for general use. I usually carry 8X for deer and turkey and 10X for groundhog hunting. You can't go wrong with the Nikons in either power.

#5 ·
Greenwing,I have a lot of Bino's,Nikon,Bushnell Vortek,Zeiss that were made in East Germany,Tasco(JUNK),and the one's I presently use,my Swarovski"s(Super Excellent,but Expensive).I also had a pair of Leupold Yosemite but thanks to my GWP(Bird Dog)they are no longer working,LOL!For your price range I would def.Get the Leuopold Yosemite.Terrific glass,size and weight and just as good as my other one's.They are really a nice pair for hunting and cost about $110 or a little cheaper.I know you will like them.Hope this helps and good hunting

#9 ·
greenwing said:
looking at getting a new pair of binos. looking at $200 or less any ideas what you guys recommend? thanks
What is their primary purpose? I hunt mostly woodlots with some small fields. I like a 6x30, light weight and enough magnification for what I need. Having said that I'm very happy with a pair of Leopold Yosemites I purchased a few years back.

#12 ·
greenwing said:
Bushnell Legend Ultra HD. I got a pair of 8x42 a couple months back and I am very pleased with them. Cabelas and the such sell for about 300. I ordered off of B&H Photo out of NY for 200. Right mow Bushnell has a 100 dollar rebate on them, so you get a good set for 100 buck. It's a great deal, you will not be disappointed.

#14 ·
Stikbow said:
greenwing said:
What is their primary purpose? I hunt mostly woodlots with some small fields. I like a 6x30, light weight and enough magnification for what I need. Having said that I'm very happy with a pair of Leopold Yosemites I purchased a few years back.
waterfowl

#17 ·
greenwing said:
Stikbow said:
greenwing said:
waterfowl
There are a lot of good binos to choose from. Something in the 8 or 10 power should be perfect. Other than that good luck. I attached a link to an article from one of the birding sites, always good stuff on their sites.

http://www.birdwatching.com/optics/education/how8ismorethan10.html

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.