The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I have a pair of Carsons and am quite happy with their clarity. Do a search on this forum...

http://www.carsonoptical.com/Binoculars/Full_Size/JK-042

price paid - free. but your retail will be about 90 bucks. My neighbor is an avid bird watcher and he has a pair of 10x nikon monarchs. when you set them down on the table together, they are hard to tell apart. blindfolded and pick them up...unless you KNEW which was which you would not know. looking thru them, my neighbor favored the Carson over the monarch. He bought a pair for his wife...then gave his monarchs to her. Nuff said.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10x42 Just purchased.
My budd recently bought a pair of the Nikon Monarch ATB's same power and list for the same price.
The Bushnells are hands down nicer and clearer.
The Bushnell's came with a case, neck strap, and chest harness the Monarch's don't.
Right now there is a $50.00 mfg. rebate and a full refund up to 1 year from Bushnell if you are not happy with them.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Pentax DCF WP (water proof) 8X. At the time I bought them they were retailing for $400. I knew the owner of the store...well under $300. I was lucky and blessed. And to this day I thank him as I pull them out when in the mountains. Good glass is good glass and it costs a bit but don't skimp. Buy the best you can afford and if you can't afford a good pair...wait and save up. You'll thank yourself in the end. One of the most valuable tools for hunting.

Muab Dib

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
mackgee said:
I use Leica rangefinding binoculars, and they aren't even close to $100.
I'd bet the case was more than $100.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Swarovski 10 X 42 EL's / a bit more than $100.00

But another good pair is Meopta's / Cabelas Euro.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I just bought 2 pair of Bino's. I got Swarovski 10/42 SLC and Bushnell 10/42 Legend HD.
Swarovski were way more then $100.00 and the Bushnells were about $300.00. The Bushnells are nice but do not even come close to the Swaro's

·
Registered
385 Posts
I wanted an inexpensive and slightly compact pair for archery. Settled for the Leupold Yosemite 6 x 30. Have used them a couple seasons and am pleased with them so far. Good enough for what I need them for. Just checked the MIDWAY USA site and they are still selling for $79.99.

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Got a pair of 8X Yosemites two years ago. Love 'em to death. Easy to carry, light, very clear and handy. They're about all I tote now, whether I'm bow or rifle hunting.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Monarch ATB's in either 8x40 or 10x40 and don't look back. I have Zeiss and Swarovski and find myself using my ATB's more than the others. Obviously all are over $100 but as they say - don't cheap out on glass as should be spending more time hunting through your bino's than shooting the animal.

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Needed a new pair of 10x50s this year and scored a pair of "demo" Nikon Action binocs for roughly half the retail cost. Pretty happy with them so far. Mostly use them for 'chuck hunting and gawkin' at other critters, but for the price (even full retail), not a bad pair of 10x50s.

My initial impression was that they were too heavy, but after using them afield, no problems. One advantage of a tad more heft, is that they're easier to steady.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Zeiss Conquest 10x40. Cheap optics give me a headache if I have to look through them for too long. Buy quality (even if it's used)and only cry once.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts